1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4). Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. To make a glace icing, mix the icing sugar with a little water.
6. Ice the cakes and immediately decorate the cupcakes with Neon Sugar.