Planning a fun kids Cupcake Decorating Party
Cake decorating parties have become a huge trend for birthday parties.
Kids get the chance to explore their creative side, decorating cupcakes, cake and biscuits and best of all they can take home their creations! All you'll need to do is bake the cupcakes, have some decorating goodies on hand and create an environment where they can let their creativity go wild!
With the help of our guide you will be sure to host the perfect cake decorating party.
You will need:
- 2/3 cupcakes per child
- 1 large cookie per child
- Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Icing or homemade buttercream icing
- Decorations for toping your cupcakes, such as Dr. Oetker Sprinkles, Wafer Butterflies, Wafer Daisies, GIant Chocolate Stars, Writing Icing, Shimmer Spray and Heart Marshmallows
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- Natural Food colouring such as Dr. Oetker Gel Food Colours
- Baking Cases
- Aprons, rolling pins, cookie cutters, chopping board and placemats for rolling out icing
How to plan a great cupcake party for your child's birthday
One week before:
Two days before:
One day before:
- Bake the cookies and keep them in an airtight container.
- If using homemade buttercream, make the icing and put it into disposable piping bags
- Do not snip the bag off until just before using it.
- Leave at room temperature. Do not keep this in the fridge as it will harden and be impossible to pipe.
- Place the cookie cutters, Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Cucake Icing or buttercream icing, sprinkles and edible decorations in the center of the table. Lay out a few rolling pins for rolling out icing if needed.
- Get the kids into their aprons and around the table, and give each of them two or three cupcakes and one large cookie.
- Start the fun! Let the kids decorate and design their cupcake and biscuit creations.
get some parents involved to help with the clean-up!
Tip: fill some small jars with water and paintbrushes; these can be used to stick regal icing onto the cupcakes.
Tip: A handy way to organise the sprinkles, chocolate and other edible decorations is by separating them into different sections of a cupcake baking tray.