Serves 10 thirsty children!
This is a quick and delicious recipe that can be made well in advance of a Kid’s Birthday Party or it is perfect for a Picnic or a Garden Party.
Unlike the expensive shop varieties – this drink contains no artificial colour or preservatives and is cost effective too!
How to Do:
1) Dissolve the sugar and water in a saucepan by bringing it to the boil.
2) Boil until all the sugar is dissolved (about 1 minute) and allow it to cool. This is your Stock syrup. It can be stored in your fridge for up to a week.
3) Juice the lemons and oranges (sieve this mixture if you don’t like the ‘bits’) and add to the stock syrup.
4) Add water to the juice and stock syrup mixture to taste. Roughly 1.5 litres of water (still or sparkling) will be adequate.
5) To serve, pour over cubes of ice in a tall glass and garnish with a slice of lemon or lime - or both!
|Recipes are supplied by Donnybrook Fair Cookery School. They have a packed schedule of Cookery Classes, Demos and Guest Chef visits all year round. When the school holidays begin – Donnybrook Fair Cookery School is the place to be for young budding chefs (10 – 16 year olds).|
|See our website for details on year round courses and summer camps: www.donnybrookfair.ie/thecookeryschool.asp
Book early to ensure your place!