Tips on Organising a Book Blitz
- Run the book blitz over a period of approx 1 month so as to allow sufficient time for the students to read a number of books.
- Each student is issued with a sponsorship card. One side of the card allows for sponsors to fill in their details indicating how much money they will donate for each title read. The other side of the card provides a form where the child or parent can list the titles read. There should be a space for a parent or class teacher to verify each title read with their signature.
(While the event is more suited to children in 1st class upwards, Junior and Senior infants can participate if parents read short books to them)
- Send out a notice to all parents advising how the Blitz will work and ask them to encourage and supervise their children’s participation
- Issue each child with a certification of participation at the end of the Book Blitz with perhaps the child who reads the most books in each class receiving a medal.
- Set a deadline for submission of the sponsorship money and send a reminder home to parents if necessary.
A Friendly Disclaimer
We hope you find these tips useful. They are however only tips and we don’t claim to be experts or cover all the angles. We don't accept responsibility for any loss where anyone acts or refrains from action as a result of material on this web page