Questions you may want to ask your Au Pair
Here are some questions you may want to ask a perspective Au Pair
- Have you ever lived away from your home before? If so where?
- Talk to me about your personality? Are you a shy or cheerful person?
- How do you think you can cope living with a foreign family?
- Will you miss your family and friends?
- Have you ever been an Au Pair before?
- Why do you want to be an Au Pair?
- How well can you speak our language?
- Have you plans to go to a language school?
- Do you live in a large city or a rural town?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Were you a good student?
- What are your hobbies & interests?
- Do you have a criminal record?
- Have you got a full driving licence? When did you receive it?
- Do you have any friends in this country at the moment?
- Have you plans on spending your week-ends ? Will it be with your friends?
- Will you request time off to attend religious services?
- Are you flexible? If we are late from work, do you mind?
- What Degree or Diploma did you receive College/University?
- Tell me about your childcare experience?
- Do you have any first-aid training?
- Can you cook?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions or problems?
- Do you have any allergies?
- How is your health?
- What kind of activities would you do with the kids?
- Can you help the children with homework?
- How many children can you take care off?
- Have you had any experience with small babies?
- What are your plans after your Au pair experience?
- How would you approach any problems or issues during your stay?
- Our children have friends to the house regularly to play. Do you mind supervising these children on these days?
Before concluding the interview, always ask for personal and work references. Take the time to call these references and speak with them, at length, about the Au Pair.
Return to the original page here.