Tips for Organising a Fashion Show
Things that you will need to do or decide:
- Someone willing to be in charge and responsible for the show
- Models can be volunteers from agency , parents, or the students
- Will the show be private (open only to those connected to the school) or public?
- Should you hire an appropriate venue or maybe approach the shopping centre where the shops are to host or sponsor the show.? When choosing a venue need to think about staging and seating from the start. Also think about how many people you hope to attend? Number of models? Where models will change and enter/exit the stage? Also if you want space to dance/hold stalls/display clothing for people to buy at the end of the show .
- Seek support and participation of local clothes stores.
- Sound system/lighting/music/choreography.
- Refreshments (will you need a license to sell alcohol)?
- A decision whether to raise the money by ticket prices, commission on sales, participation fee levied on the clothes stores participating or a combination of the above.
- Should the event be held by night or day, weekday or weekend?
- What theme to use: summer, winter, baby, young, teenager, sports, 14 up (size that is).
- Schedule time for rehearsals.
- producing a programme for visitors giving the order, names of designers, a short description of each garment and an explanation of why the show is being staged.
- Charges at the door or will all tickets be pre-sold
- Recording the event – photographer and/video recording
Your theme may depend on which clothes shops participate. You may have to see which shops agree to participate then work out a theme. Be prepared to adjust your theme to local influences.
Time is crucial when organising a fashion show so give yourself plenty of lead time.
A Friendly Disclaimer
We hope you find these tips useful.. They are however only tips and we don’t claim to be experts or cover all the angles. We don't accept responsibility for any loss where anyone acts or refrains from action as a result of material on this web page