Posted by SchoolDays Newshound on 27/03/2014. Tags: Parenting
The Irish Examiner reports today that a number of children have been treated at a Cork hospital this week for poisoning connected to e-cigarettes. Dr Chris Luke, a consultant at the Mercy University Hospital emergency department advised that two children were treated at the hospital having been poisoned by liquid nicotine. Speaking on Newstalk this morning, Dr Luke compared e-cigarettes to methadone and said the contents of many e-cigarettes can be fruit-flavoured, which makes them tempting for children. He advised people using e-cigarettes to take extreme care around children.
The Irish Examiner's Claire O'Sullivan reports today
that: "Liquid nicotine or e-liquid, it is believed, is absorbed far quicker than nicotine in tobacco and can poison somebody by touch alone."