Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

John Scottus National School

Phone: 01 6609309

A great discovery on our

view general school discussions

** A-great-discovery-on-our-ts-1201031525
A great discovery on our doorstep!          
01/03/2012 04:25 PM - Feedback-on-this-school (share to everyone)
-------------------
As Roman Catholics, we were disappointed to learn that our local Catholic National School, St. Mary´s, did not have enough places to take our daughter.  We then discovered the existence of John Scottus, which is also a National School in our area.  We now feel lucky that our child ended up at John Scottus, as the class sizes are small, her teacher is excellent, and the environment is perfect.   She will still prepare for her Holy Communion and Confirmation, as an ´extra-curricular´ activity. A significant added bonus is the fact that I don´t have to pack lunches!  All meals are prepared onsite.  This practice also teaches the children proper table manners.
This National School shares its building with the School of Philosophy or School of Economic Science, which leads to confusion.  I can assure any parent who reads this that our daughter is learning exactly what she needs to learn in order to succeed in today´s world.  In any event, she is happy!  Nothing else matters, really.  Just read the Department´s report - it is excellent.  Mrs. Telford, the Principal,  is easy to reach - the minute I met with her in person, I knew that there was no point in sending our daughter to one of our area´s fee-paying schools.

01/04/2012 01:15 PM -
-------------------
I know it´s a national school and doesn´t charge fees, but isn´t the voluntary contribution there nearly as much?

01/06/2012 09:38 PM -
-------------------
The voluntary contribution adds up to half of what the fee paying schools charge.  Also note that snacks and lunches are covered by this contribution - all food is homemade.  I love walking in to the smell of baking bread every morning!  Their menu is posted on their website.

;