Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

3 after schoolers rate

re... : 3 after schoolers rate           reply
13/05/2015 10:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
10 euro per hour even if any child is in school.you are still on call just in case of emergencys.

11/05/2015 16:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks, that´s what I thought. So how would you price that? 12.30 to 4 is the pre schooler only, so is that 3.5 hours * 10? Or do I price for the different kids at the different times???

re : 3 after schoolers rate           reply
11/05/2015 16:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
in your house it should be around 10 euro per hour for 3 kids

13/05/2015 13:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks everyone for advise. That would leave it 35 per day from 12.30 to 4.00 for minding 3 minds with 3 different collection, and next year 20 per day for minding 3 kids, from 2.00 to 4.00 with 2 different collections. Is that reasonable?

11/05/2015 17:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Calculate each hour separately, so if 1 child is €5, 2 kids thats €8 n 3 kids that hr is €10...also factor in school collections n if u offer food...ensure mum knows the preschool child is the child not getting the discount...plan for days off, school closures, sick etc

14/05/2015 07:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I honestly feel no parent will pay for child in Nat sch, there´s a huge issue with parents not wanting pay for preschool hours at mo, I totally charge for playschool hours, some cmers start a new baby instead to get full day pay...
Your hours are very short which is why the money seems small..the question youv to ask yourself is €20 enough for hassle of school collections n 3 kids in your house..if not add a bit on n see how it goes with parents, then if you don´t get job you won´t mind..dont forget they´ll need activities etc so this all adds up..I´d bought clay yesterday €1.10 and toddler group fee for my Toddlers..also afterschoolers often looking for treats etc..my school run lady for my own kids gets them treats on last day she has them...the kids have to like being in your house or you´ll hav no job..plus you´ll hav birthdays, Xmas easter etc to buy each a present...

3 after schoolers rate           reply
11/05/2015 13:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi, I´ve been researching how much to charge for after schoolers and it seems the norm is
€5 per hour for 1 child
€8 per hour for 2 children

What would you expect for 3 kids? I will need to work out a rate for 3 kids - a preschooler (12.30 collection) a 2pm collection and a 3pm collection. And I need to give a price for next year for a 2pm and two 3pm collections when the little one starts school. It will be only until 4pm, so finding it hard to work out. I mind others too so I need to factor the hassle of all of us doing collections. All collections within walking distance.

Thanks.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;