Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Ireland's Online Resource For Parents & Teachers in Irish Education

username: password: Log in | Register | Forgot Password?

ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!

ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!           reply
29/02/2012 10:34 - Dublin West Childminders
-----------------------------------
Message for all parents from a Professional Carer!
This is commonly noticed issue for most of the childminders that Toddler Parents are asking to guarantee about bringing more toddlers of same age group if they have´nt got one.
But please understand the fact that it can only happen once yours starts first.
Childminders with qualifications and experiences are skilled in implementing certain techniques to manage perfectly with a set of little people in their own premises or yours, so certainly they cannot take more than what they cannot do and definately making a smaller environment for your littles.
If they have references from Parents, please do have a chat to understand what best they can do for your kids, its not that easy for childminders/nannies to earn a reference, it all talks about their hardwork, so if have Irish refs, it means they have been able to meet the standards from all their experiences.
Your little children need some true care from an adult with entertaining features, please understand they have no idea in any other details.Expert Carers have already been into minding kids so they have a good understanding and working all life for the Littlepeople, they create a setting for the littles exclusively. If you are really satisfied about their communication skills and rates then they are the ones to get the job done for you. If am in your place I would´nt mind travelling a bit longer for a right person.

Please understand!!!

re : ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!           reply
29/02/2012 17:42 - Dublin West Childminders
Ok i read your post over and over again and i think i understand what you are saying now. I have had a very long day and am a bit stressed trying to organise birthday parties and collections from airports and other things. In other words my head isn´t in the zone but i was not trying to have a go.
What you are saying is that parents are asking you to get more children around the same age group as their child. Ok i understand you now. I take it you are finding it hard at the moment and your probably a bit frustrated. Go onto rollercoaster like other poster said and express your concerns. There are some lovely women/childminders that reply and could help. Best of luck!!

re : ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!           reply
29/02/2012 15:03 - Dublin West Childminders
Sorry but what is the point you are trying to make here? Are you saying that mothers who are not qualified with a Fetac level 5 qualification are not capable of offering education to children they mind? because to be honest i have seen girls/women who are qualified but have no experience with children whatsoever. Also a mother who is willing to mind children is more than likely doing so because they enjoy it and, they will see how children learn and thrive on certain educational activities. A mother will also have that extra bit of understanding of how important it is to care for children how you would like your children to be treated. I´m not saying that qualified people don´t. Of course they must love children or they wouldn´t work with them cos we all know kids can be hard work!
Please dont undervalue mothers out there that dont have a qualification or even references. We all have to start somewhere and in order to get a reference we have to be given a chance. There are some really lovely, caring childminders out there that dont have qualifications but at the end of the day it´s all about how they care for your child. If they care for your child and try there dam best to educate them and offer children a safe and affectionate enviroment then whats a piece of paper? Dont be closed minded when it comes to chilminders and children. They are peoples precious little babies and parents just want whats best. Yes women have gone to college and trained to become minders or work in a creche but dont forget mothers have also been working with kids 24/7 for years and they do have a clue!

re... : ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!           reply
29/02/2012 16:32 - Dublin West Childminders
I think you are totally deviating this nannymcphee! please read the topic once again because i never mentioned that Mother dont do good,am a mother so Im not against to that nor this, but leave it off as that is not the concern here.... its personal experiences of various childminders put on here to convey a message to parents that they should give sometime for carers to get a playmate for their child. After all their hardwork they get to meet parents after matching locations and suitabilities, for this reason- they are not chosen, if parents really feeling okay about a carer after all reasons-this shouldnt become one to skip them.

re... : ALL PARENTS!PLEASE READ THIS AND HAVE YOUR VIEWS EXPRESSED!!!           reply
29/02/2012 17:17 - Dublin West Childminders
No i wasn´t trying to "deviate" at all!! Sorry but your english is a bit hard to understand in some areas of your post so thats why i probably picked it up wrong but i didn´t mean to offend you. I´m still not really 100% sure what it is you are trying to say but you sound quite annoyed about something yourself. Is it that parents shouldn´t pass up on a mother caring for their child Simply because they have no qualifications doesn´t mean they are not capable of looking after another child even if the main reason they wand to mind more children is for company for their own child?

01/03/2012 09:41 - Dublin West Childminders
thankx now you got it but its not a frustration, its the voice of many childminders am trying to raise, now I already got responses supporting it, the only reason I couldnt put it into childcare issue is....please dont talk about mothers because even a mother can be a childminder in this care so its about everyone who does this job..I want parents to hear this concern of hardworking carers, so this is the place I felt where every parent visit. its also in rollercoaster where parents chat.its absolutely parent´s personal choice about choosing right care but just requesting not to make it a reason as it happened with many childminders. there is an instance wherein a childminder met 4 parents in a month who has toddlers, so it would be distressing after all search is it, the only thing is she couldnt guarantee because we have to be honest

01/03/2012 09:48 - Dublin West Childminders
sorry just one sentence is misplaced after "the only reason isss..i want the parents to hear it.......in the above response

29/02/2012 17:25 - Dublin West Childminders
DSPMX I dont think that is what Nannymcme was trying to do at all. Your english is a bit broken and to me it even sounded like you were having a go at mothers or you are just plain angry at something. Whatever the problem this is not the site to be venting your anger. There is a site called rollercoaster that caters for people who want to get something off their chest and have a rant. Go check it out and then you might get the responses you are seeking but this is a site for people advertising childminding jobs etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions