Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Absent Teacher

Absent Teacher           reply
20/06/2013 10:27 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi

My 5 year old is moving to snr infants she excels at all her subjects thanks to her current teacher. However next year she will be going to a teacher who has a diabolical attendance record, I spoke with parents whose children had this particular teacher and they noticed a definite down turn in their children´s progression as they were shifted around the school from room to room and teacher to teacher and constantly being handed work sheets which were hardly checked.

Please can anyone advice me how I should approach this without causing hassle for my daughter.

LS

re : Absent Teacher           reply
21/06/2013 08:44 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
My thoughts would be to raise the issue with the Principal now so that she is aware of your concerns before the next school year. But if possible, it would be an idea to see if a number of other concerned parents would meet the Principal with you. In this way it won´t just be an issue just about your daughter but a concern of a number of the parents.
The Principal may be restricted for confidentiality reasons in explaining what is going on with the teacher, however by raising your concerns she will be aware that parents are concerned about the impact on their kids .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;