Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Advice Needed

re... : Advice Needed           reply
25/03/2015 23:07 - How much should I charge or pay
-----------------------------------
i agree with minderofchild on giving 2 weekly rates.i for your 6 hour daily and 1 for the holidays.are the parents expecting you to work extra hours during the holidays for the same rate which would be 30 euro a day.if you do a nine hour day that would be 45 euro a day.

25/03/2015 13:47 - How much should I charge or pay
Song, I´d assumed u in your house..6 hours a day school term so I´m guessing 11 hr day during hols..that´s 55 a day..I sit down with calendar n mark rate in and calculate correctly
Cm in own house hav no legal obligations to holiday pay, however you can factor it into rate but rate might seem v expensive then, many do this for termtime only. I know if I mentioned paid holidays families would run a mile..

25/03/2015 17:00 - How much should I charge or pay
I´m same, no bank holidays charged and I also offer term time only so great savings for the families..I don´t look at it as a comprise though, it´s just the way I run my service, giving something back to my hard working families as without them I wouldn´t have my cm business and I love my working day...think we on same page blonde74 just wording it differently..

25/03/2015 16:09 - How much should I charge or pay
Thank you all for your advice . Im going to sit down and see what is best. thank you again :)

25/03/2015 16:21 - How much should I charge or pay
No problem,best of luck

Advice Needed           reply
23/03/2015 23:37 - How much should I charge or pay
Hello.. i need your advice please... i have been asked to give a weekly rate for looking after a 5 year old little boy... one hour in morning and five hours after school... total of Six hours per day.. Monday to friday...the Mammy would like the weekly rate to include all school holidays, so from the beginning i would be getting the same amount each week.. (whether child in school..on holidays.. or sick) How much should i charge please .. Thank you

25/03/2015 14:13 - How much should I charge or pay
I completely see your point and people will chance their arm but I feel that I go above and beyond with the childrens care.i don´t count all the bank holidays and Christmas days ect.once I get the same wage every week im fine and we have learned to compromise.also we try to have the same holidays if we can.the way I look at it if they get holiday pay why should I be out of pocket?

26/03/2015 23:33 - How much should I charge or pay
Thank so much everyone... parent just onto me and she has now told that she is moving and that she is very sorry. I have turned down two other childcare positions in last two weeks!!!!!! :( But i do think the two separate wages is a great idea.. Thanks again

26/03/2015 23:32 - How much should I charge or pay
Thank so much everyone... parent just onto me and she has now told that she is moving and that she is very sorry. I have turned down two other childcare positions in last two weeks!!!!!! :( But i do think the two separate wages is a great idea.. Thanks again

25/03/2015 13:25 - How much should I charge or pay
The word "decent" is why Id go with 2 rates...one can´t possibly judge..
There´s a discussion on another website..parent agreed to pay cm bank hols..left cm short on st patrick day..not considered day a bh even though parent a teacher..cm parted company last Monday After asking for it..

25/03/2015 17:20 - How much should I charge or pay
Song, calculate it yourself and see where parent.s at..Iv decided I don´t entertain any haggling as my rate is where I´m at to make job worth it..I stick to 3 preschoolers...however it´s a fine line between getting the job or not if u need it... this is where under cutting comes, I don´t entertain any parent saying Mrs x or creche only blah..just ignore it n say something else..my childcare committe told me to mind my business n let everyone else mind theirs...you know what you offer n must valuable it
I can see the point re a cm having same wage every week but unfortunately that´s the same in any self employment, the more you work, more you earn or versa but I´d protect yourself first by getting paid as you do the hours....best of luck with it.

re : Advice Needed           reply
24/03/2015 07:41 - How much should I charge or pay
Hi, personally if it were me I´d have 2 rates...one for school term n one holidays...if your only starting now there is few full weeks left in this school year then 8 full weeks of holidays...you can never guarantee that a family will return so you could have worked whole summer for low rate...the mammy could be v well up on cm or perhaps she just needs to budge... Who has had the child till now...
€5 an hr so €30 for school term a day...as 5 days I´d offer a discount on holidays..hav u looked at food n fuel costs n days off etc

25/03/2015 12:24 - How much should I charge or pay
hi there
ive being doing this for years and I feel this is a better way top do this as I prefer to have a set amount each week.id also get them to include 3 weeks paid holidays per year.if you get a decent family who will look after you it is better .I suppose between 35-40 euro per day
would be sufficient.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;