Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am I being overcharged for Childcare?

re... : Am I being overcharged for Childcare?           reply
14/06/2011 20:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Just to point out all creches DO NOT charge 52 weeks a year. The current climate has changed things. 2 creches in my area (Kildare) allow children to be withdrawn for summer months and return in Sept at NO extra cost. I really feel people try to bleed parents of every penny they earn and use the guilt card to make working parents feel bad.

Am I being overcharged for Childcare?           reply
08/06/2011 12:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi,
I currently pay €240 a week for three days care from 7.45am to 5.45pm for twin boys aged 15 months. Only extra jobs are washing bottles and putting on a wash of the boys clothes. I provide all the food including the childminders food. A lovely lady, but I wonder am I paying too much.
All opinions would be much appreciated.

re : Am I being overcharged for Childcare?           reply
08/06/2011 13:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry only realised that it was twin boys so maybe thats not such a bad deal although a second child is normally not as much.
If you are being over charged its only slightly although that still is a lot of money.

08/06/2011 13:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Im currently looking into childcare as i am due a baby. I rang my local creche and they are charging 750 a month for a 3 day a week for over 1´s so i would say yes, you are being over charged.

08/06/2011 13:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ok, last post from me but was doing some research there and about 40 quid a day for one child and half that for a second so thats 60 quid for 2 (possible 70 a day) so I would no more than 210 a week give or take.

re... : Am I being overcharged for Childcare?           reply
14/06/2011 13:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks very much for the replies ladies, I´m satisfied I´m doing alright. Just wish I had more money, but then don´t we all.

13/06/2011 09:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It all depends on the terms and conditions you have with your childminder, ie do you pay bank holidays do you pay when sick do you pay her holidays do you pay for your holidays or occasional days off, alot of people may think creches are cheaper but you do pay 52 weeks of the year, and if child is sick you get a call to take home etc in most cases a childminder is more flexible and also it is in a home environment. It depends on what you want for your child.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;