Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Angry 2 year old

re : Angry 2 year old           reply
12/09/2016 16:23 - Behaviour / Discipline
-----------------------------------
I´d ask to speak with your PHN!
Our little toddlers (also a mum of an almost 2.5 year old) can have some tricky and trying behaviour. While my own guy hasn´t done this, nothing to say that in time he won´t!
It may be perfectly normal but even to out your own mind at ease speak with your PHN and ask for a referral!
It does remind me of my cousins son who has SPD, Sensory Processing Disorder, which he would "act out" when he was overwhelmed/ over stimulated etc

Angry 2 year old           reply
12/09/2016 15:57 - Behaviour / Discipline
-----------------------------------
Hi there,

My 2.5 year old little boy is going through what I hope is a phase the past number of months where he has serious anger issues. I know about the terrible 2´s etc. but his behaviour just seems out of control sometimes. For example, if I say No to something, like watching TV, he throws himself on the ground in a tantrum then stands up and grinds his teeth and makes a fist and then looks around for something to throw in anger. I have tried speaking to him calmly and at his level and telling him it is not nice and he is not to do it but to no avail. I´m starting to wonder if he has a problem of some kind, like ADD or something, not that I know much about it. He seems to be getting worse instead of better. It is getting to the point where I am sometimes shouting back at him when he shouts "no, I´m, not doing X or Y" or "I want it" etc. TIA for any help you can give.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;