Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

ArdScoil Rís or CUS

ArdScoil Rís or CUS           reply
26/10/2015 12:40 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
My son is lucky enough to be accepted to both secondary schools.
One is fee-paying and is one of the best schools in the country, the other is a good local school.
My son is rather academic, but very sensitive. I feel that he´d get more attention and support in CUS. But ArdScoil Rís is closer and we´d save a lot of money.

I would love to hear from parents who have experience with these schools. Thank you!

re : ArdScoil Rís or CUS           reply
04/12/2015 21:05 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi. My son is in 6th year in CUS and we have been very happy with the school. The classes are very small and you get the sense that all of the students know each other very well. My son, who was also very quiet going into secondary school is now a confident, happy and well rounded lad. He stated recently that he really loves school and I think that says an awful lot. He has a lovely bunch of pals who are good fun but also working hard towards Leaving Certificate.
In saying this I also have two nephews who went to Ard Scoil and both did very well and are well rounded nice kids.
Our son was not the most academic naturally going into secondary but he has thrived here and got an excellent JC and is so driven towards doing well in Leaving Cert.
I would definitely recommend CUS
Best of luck with your decision.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;