Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Are we payinh too much

re... : Are we payinh too much           reply
17/10/2012 22:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
most minders would get 180 for that( 5 EURO AN HR).
personally i think its quite greedy to want more.and then say she cant do one of the days.so does she only want to do 3 days.

re : Are we payinh too much           reply
17/10/2012 09:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi i mind a child 5 days and dont even get that and i do 10hr days

22/10/2012 10:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
I am a mum also, I charge 200 a full week with very flexible times. This includes there own cot /room to sleep in. A large playroom beautifully decorated, big garden nice area. Includes all food and milk(not powdered) nappies creams and wipes for your 200 euro. I´m doing it 12 years and have fantastic references. Your neighbour should be shot for charging you that then asking for more money. Hope you get a better deal and don´t fall out with your neighbour :-)
Natasha

Are we payinh too much           reply
15/10/2012 14:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi

Just wondering what other thougt on this- My neighbour minds our child 4 days a week 8.30-5 - both sides are very fliexible with an extra hour here or there - dropping in late or collecting a bit late to suit both sides etc etc. We provide all food, nappies etc we don´t pay for days she doesn´t have our child. Now however she wants more money and can´t do one of the afternoons we need her. We currently pay 225 for the 4 days which i thoguht was pretty reasonale as she has no qualifications but as she was a mother of 2 herself that didn´t bither me too much but it´s worked well so far - just feel like might be askeing for a bit much now!!

Any advice / opinions apprecited - what would be acceptable?

Thanks

re... : Are we payinh too much           reply
15/10/2012 23:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no i wouldent pay more money.what your paying now seems really good.some people get that for 5 days.
childminders these days. should also get paid when the child isent with them due to a last minute cancellation or if they or the parent is of sick for a few days.a parent really wouldent like it if they themselves dident get paid while being of sick.good childminders are hard to find.

15/10/2012 20:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
pm sent

17/10/2012 21:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello, I think you are paying very generously. I currently mind 2 kids who´s nappies, milk, baby wipes etc are provided. I do however cook for the older child who is 27 months old and I am quite happy to do this. I too am very flexible and my general hours of work are 8.30am to 4pm 4 days per week. My payment is €200 per week and I am delighted to be paid this and I have a fetac level 5 qualification in childcare, first aid, and years of experience. While good childminders are difficult to find, I think that you are paying over the odds for 1 child. While your child is your priority and their happiness is paramount, you should consider your options.

20/10/2012 16:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
pm send

15/10/2012 15:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
pm sent

18/10/2012 21:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i mind two children 55 euro a day for 4 days. i have fetac level 6 .
think she is pushing it a bit ......
time to look for new minder .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;