Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Arghhh where to start!

Arghhh where to start!           reply
25/02/2014 11:22 - Cork County Childminders
-----------------------------------
We are currently living in scotland we moved here 2 years ago. We have 2 daughters one age 6 and is in primary 2 over here out youngest is coming up 3.

We hope to move back before the school year starts in september. At the moment we are trying to work out costs and expenses. Could someone shed some light on how much childcare is now in the cork area. One will be in school until 3 pm i assume and one will be in nursery. I know theres alot of variations. We would be looking for pick up from school / nursery and us picking up at approx 6pm.

Thank you so much for you help.

Matt & Char

re... : Arghhh where to start!           reply
17/03/2014 21:36 - Cork County Childminders
Hey there, so Sept 2015-according to kids ages, your then 7 year old should be going into 1st class and you then 4 year will be entitled to a free ECCE scheme, which is there free pre-school year (which you will need to book, soon if living near to the city). Based on this, your youngest child would be €5 p/h IF sending to a child minders house, when oldest is home from school, price would go up to €7-€8 p/h for both (€12 is riduculous). Ie €5 by 3hrs and €7 by 3hrs equals €36, add in fuel for school runs €40 per day.
Again these prices are based on your children going into the childminders house. If you go down the route of getting a childminder into your house, then you could pay up to €10 p/h. Which for the extra cost may be worth it to you as the childminder/nanny will come to your house and your kids will have one to one. Good luck

re... : Arghhh where to start!           reply
01/03/2014 19:52 - Cork County Childminders
Hi just to clarify the rates it will be 8 euros for the first child and 12 euros per hour after I collect the second child. I hope that this helps and look forward to hear back from you. Thanks carol

re : Arghhh where to start!           reply
01/03/2014 10:43 - Cork County Childminders
hi,the rate for your second child would be 5 euro p/h ( after nursey pick-up) eg.12-6pm
and 3 euro for your first child eg from 3pm-6pm.so it should be 40/45 euro a day all in,this is including petrol costs if any for school runs are involved

26/02/2014 21:08 - Cork County Childminders
Hi I´m living in little island county cork if that´s anywhere near where you are going to be living. I know that currently the going rate for one child is 8 euro per hour. I am currently looking myself for childcare. I am a mother of three, two school going in primary and I have a one year old boy. I have a diploma in early childhood studies and ten years experience in childcare. If you would like call me I´m available on 0863610606. Thank carol

05/03/2014 09:48 - Cork County Childminders
Where you moving to. I charge 5 euro per hour for first child and charge 8 euro per hour for the two children once the second child finishes school at 3pm. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

01/03/2014 22:52 - Cork County Childminders
hi there I agree completely with the fees stated by poco dot.The rate for one child is 5euro an hour and then 8 euro per hour for two children.Yes i think that 45 euro per day is a perfect amount for a parent to pay

discussion forum terms & conditions

;