Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

As a parent, would you take grinds from an 18 year old? (read details)

re : As a parent, would you take grinds from an 18 year old? (read details)           reply
09/08/2012 16:40 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
no definitely not

re : As a parent, would you take grinds from an 18 year old? (read details)           reply
15/08/2012 12:48 - Introduce Yourself
I love ´LittleBears´ response, it´s not a little bit biased! [/sarcasm]
As for parents:
I would think that parent may not have the time. And even though they may not be teenagers who don´t want ´help´ from their parents, it would be easier to get the lesson into the child if they have to sit down for an hour doing it. Mammy & Daddy may get distracted, as well as the child, and it would be easier to say to the child ´we will skip it today because I´m busy´.

As a parent, would you take grinds from an 18 year old? (read details)           reply
06/04/2012 20:24 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Dublin West)

I´m doing my leaving cert this year and when i´m finished, i was thinking about putting an ad up somewhere advertising for primary school grinds.. as in, i would go to your house and help your primary school child with their work etc (i know it will be in the summer but i´ve heard of people doing this) anyway, i was wondering would people actually want this? my first choice on my CAO is primary teaching, followed by secondary teaching but would a parent be willing for their child to get grinds from someone who has just completed their leaving cert? (at a cheaper price than what they would get from a qualified teacher obviously)
anyway, thanks!

15/08/2012 11:26 - Introduce Yourself
i wonder, why parents can´t do that with their children themselves.

16/08/2012 17:55 - Introduce Yourself
Yes, I would, why not? if you can prove your ability you may well be suitable to give grinds given that you´ve just completed the curriculum

discussion forum terms & conditions

;