Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Available Childminder and my philosophy

Available Childminder and my philosophy           reply
02/12/2013 00:13 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
So your looking for a childminder?

I have lots of experience and I´m offering amazing care.
I have a university degree in psychology and 2 year degree in Child development.

But none of that is as important as the following...

My philosophy on child development...

I´m a big fan of the Piaget´s philosophy and not so much the Montessori philosophy.

Piaget thought a lot like Montessori prior to 3. After 3 Piaget was more about structure and routine. (like in primary school).

So when working with children I incorporate a routine with lots of activities and structure. I also believe children learn best through play and role modeling. I use the words and tone I want my children to use. I don´t believe in coloring sheets. I think children should develop their own creativity. I rarely watch tv myself so I don´t think children should be either. (there´s a study that says children under 2 lose brain cells for every half hour of tv they watch! yikes)

discipline...

I believe in redirection. I don´t believe in spanking or hitting. I don´t believe in time out either :) However, sometimes a short break to think about our choices or some quite time is needed.
The quickest way to modify behavior is through positive reinforcement. The slowest way is through negative reinforcement. On that note, studies show negative reinforcement teaches a child how to sneak so you may see the behavior stop but it will reappear.

I´m available for childminding starting December 16th. I´m hoping my guard vetting will be completed before then (fingers crossed) but if not, its on its way.

My rates depend on hours, ages, and if driving is required.

Take Care,

Cara

re : Available Childminder and my philosophy           reply
04/12/2013 08:42 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hello there, where in North Dublin are you? I am looking for a child minder in Rush

discussion forum terms & conditions

;