Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Before/After school care options

Before/After school care options           reply
11/09/2013 14:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Meath)
-----------------------------------
We are currently living in Dublin but may move back to our house in Meath next year. At the moment we are weighing up childcare costs and options for both Dublin V Meath. We moved from Meath to Dublin nearly 2 years ago.

Can anyone tell me how much it would be to get someone in to our house early in the morning to get our 2 kids (4 & 5) up/ready for school and then collect them after school and bring them back to our house until I come home from work? Is it 10 euro an hour?? Our ideal hours would be 6.30am-9am for school drop off and then 1.30-5pm. So 6hrs a day. We are probably dreaming if we think we can get someone in to our house for 6.30am but we will ask when the time comes!!!

We have the cost of before/after school care in a local creche but I would ideally need to start work at 7.30am. We don´t really want an au pair. Thanks in advance.

re... : Before/After school care options           reply
26/09/2013 11:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its 10 euro an hr.in ur house.maybe add a bit more.for the 6.30.but when it comes to cleaning.u will probably have to ad a bit more aswell.you will still have to pay 10 euro an hr. if minder is there from.6.30 till 5 oclock.its a 10 hr day.it could cost you up to 100 euro.i really dont see the point.in keeping the minder.at the house.when the kids are at school.it will only cost you.

re : Before/After school care options           reply
26/09/2013 10:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
tricky.... you will get someone to come to your house but they would need
to be paid a full days work, no one will work split because they want a full weeks work.could you pay 60euro a day.person could do some cleaning while children are in school.

re : Before/After school care options           reply
28/09/2013 09:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hiya I have worked these early mornings and done split shifts.i charged 10 euro per hour for any hours worked.i was studying childcare at night and used my free time in the mornings to go to the library. I was available then when the children were off school to mind them full time during summer etc because I was also off. I think you will find somebody no problem but it may take a little more time than usual.best of luck.

27/09/2013 09:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would be of the opinion you would find some who would work split shifts, in fact might be delighted. Someone local to your house obviously would be more ideal. I would pay by the hour worked and perhaps add an extra hour for the inconvenience but I certainly wouldnt pay for the full day (and I am a childminder and a parent).

26/09/2013 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sorry forgot to say.same as what.if only says.60 a day.with out minder being there.from 9 till 1.30.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;