Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Boys financial obligation for Debs

re... : Boys financial obligation for Debs           reply
08/08/2007 09:23 - Debs Dance
-----------------------------------
Thanks so much everyone for all the information....my son is so nervous. So I should do wine and cheese that night. I thought I heard of someone doing this, but wasn´t sure. Thanks for the tip too leave loads of time for photos. Now I hope my 15 year old becomes as mature as my 18 year old!!!! Thanks everyone.

07/08/2007 21:45 - Debs Dance
speaking to friend this evening, she had son´s debs earlier this year. They had cheese & nibbles for her family & neighbours and then the girls parents/sisters all came to their house too and the debs couple left from there. it was the first debs for either house. leave loads of time for the photos - they were worse than a wedding she said. hope all this helps. i can still remember night of my debs - everyone is so much more mature and confident now.

07/08/2007 21:15 - Debs Dance
Thanks for the response, the only reason we decided to do the flowers for the mother, is because she has gone too great expense so that her daughter can attend two debs, it was our gesture. Is there anything else the boys parents are too do....

re : Boys financial obligation for Debs           reply
11/08/2007 10:41 - Debs Dance
I would suggest that one of the most important things you can do before a debs is make sure that both of the teens going to the debs are well fed. Why? Because like it or not drinking plays a big part in the debs and very often kids who haven´t really been drinkers get carried away with the quick drink here and there along the way, you know as they call to collect each friend or on the bus to the venue and before their night has even begun it´s nearly ruined. They will probably be so nervous and excited they won´t want to eat but say nothing and put a good carbs filled dinner in front of them before they start getting dressed and even if they only eat half of it then that will be good.

The party does seem to be the in thing alright and is generally finished within an hour of the teens heading off to the debs and I have also heard of the chocs for the mother and the bracelet corsage, your son should ask his girlfriend what type of corsage she would prefer.

Boys financial obligation for Debs           reply
07/08/2007 17:42 - Debs Dance
Hello, I just have a question...the Debs is a very new thing us, and we wondering what the role is or protocols for the boys parents, what is our responsibilities in making sure that we do our part in making the Debs a success for both my sons girlfriend and for him and her parents? Someone said that there is something about a ´wine and cheese´ thing that I may need too do. My son is going to first his girlfriends Debs, then a few days later she is attending his Debs. I´ve ordered the Tuxedo etc,,I have ordered a corsage (do the girls wear corsages) for ´her´ and a bouquet of flowers for her mother for the night of his girlfriends debs. Is there anything else that I am suppose too know....please help. ;)

re : Boys financial obligation for Debs           reply
07/08/2007 19:21 - Debs Dance
gee i´m about 3 yrs away from the debs scene but never heard the flowers for his/her mother. whats the thinking behind that. i think the corsage is still bought though.

08/08/2007 08:16 - Debs Dance
Haven´t had any of my kids attend the debs yet but a few nieces and nephews have. Most of the boys brought chocolates for the girls mums. There is also a trend for the girls to wear the corsage on a wrist band - it might be worth checking what colour the girl is wearing. The other thing the boys usually look after is the transport.
Have a good night.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;