Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Charges maybe a little too high

re : Charges maybe a little too high           reply
03/10/2013 18:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi there the rate for 2children in minders home is 8euro per hour which for 35hours is 280 plus a share of petrol cost 20euro so your offer of 300euro is very fair

Hi there the rate for 2children in minders home is 8euro per hour which for 35hours is 280 plus a share of petrol cost 20euro so your offer of 300euro is very fair

re... : Charges maybe a little too high           reply
03/10/2013 19:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
she maybe a great minder.but the thing is.shes trying to take advantage.its 280.for the week.and maybe 20 for petrol.you.need to be honest.and say you cant pay anymore.shes not going to resign.she knows theres other minders out there circling like sharks.

re... : Charges maybe a little too high           reply
04/10/2013 10:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Agree €325 too much. €50 a day is the rate locally where Im from for those hours, there is no early morning or late evening, €50 would not include collecting them though but thats the childminder´s choice. Id state the figure your comfortable with/all you can afford and see what she says.

Charges maybe a little too high           reply
03/10/2013 18:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,

I´m looking for some opinions please. My 1st son is with a brilliant childminder from the time he was 8 months old. He is now almost 2.5. The then agreement was 5e per hour. It was a 35 hour week 9-4pm. I was rarely home later than 3:45pm. But always paid her the 175e per week. She picked up my son and dropped him back. As she was passing my house on the way to hers after dropping her children to school and picking up on the return journey.

I have been on maternity leave the last 7 months. The last 4she took unpaid leave which was her choice really. As I was straight out and paid her for longer than I could really afford but I did not want to loose her.

My real question is what should I be paying for two children to be minded in minders home from 9-4pm. A 2.5 year old and a 8 month old. She is looking for 350 a week. Where I was thinking 300 but she suggested we split the difference and agree 325. I still feel that is a bit expensive. Knowing what others pay.

However I do not want to under value her service. She does an amazing job. If I was earning the money I would not question paying this out at all. But this is going to be a real struggle totalling 1300 per month. I earn an average wage with the cost of a commute to dublin from naas. I´m going to be working a full 40 hour week getting up at 5am to come out with less than I would on the dole. But yet I still want to go back to work.

Do you this is fair or above the average???

Thank you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;