Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Chilcare charges in Kildare

re... : Chilcare charges in Kildare           reply
11/09/2013 10:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
you need to do it.im sure.they will understand..they know if they get another minder.they will have to pay.tell us what happens.

10/09/2013 22:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
same as me.a 2 itre jeep.diesel isent as bad as petrol.u get longer out of it.but you should be charging.45 to 50 euro a week.250 kms in miles is 155 miles.i have never known a minder. to drive that much.the parents know fine well. how much it would cost on petrol or diesel.as they have done the drive themselves
for minding 2 kids in the own home would be around 10 euro an hr.
id get that diesel money sorted soon

re : Chilcare charges in Kildare           reply
10/09/2013 12:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
50 a day is grand .but thats quite a drive.each day.you could be talking 15 a day in petrol.maybe more.are u charging for petrol.also what litre is the car.

Chilcare charges in Kildare           reply
10/09/2013 09:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Hi I mind two girls , I have a 25km drop off to two different schools and then also I collect them. so I seem to do 50km a day in school runs. They are dropped at 7.30 am so I give breakfast, I also give them a small dinner as they are not collectted until 4.30 or so. One is 3 , the other 5. How much should I be charging ? I charge €50 a day, but I feel I didnt charge enough. Any advise would be very gratefully received. Also , to go to someones house for 2 mornings a week to mind a 1 and 2 year old for three hours , two days a week. Thanks a million

10/09/2013 16:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€50 is fine if no school runs. This needs to be looked but it is a difficult one as uv started the job. Did you have a simple contract drawn up between ye. I pay €25 a week for my two kids to be collected/dropped and that parent goes the way anyway.
Iv made an error before not charging for B holidays, I still dont charge that parent for them as we had an agreement in place.

06/11/2013 17:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Pride yourself on what you offer, your offer individual attention (well nearly in most cases), home from home environment etc...Iv been told about creche prices etc before. I say your not comparing like for like.

11/09/2013 08:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I know, I just feel really bad having to say it too them, as I feel they might think I have the girls settled and now Im looking for more money. I think Ill have to say it to them today and give them a chance to talk about it. I clocked the mileage again this morning and it was 22.4Km. So that by two is approx 50km a day, 200km a week. I hope it goes ok as they are lovely people and I adore the kids, but Im not making much money if I dont.... Thanks for all your advise

10/09/2013 13:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sorry.i think it could be more on petrol.a 1 litre would probably take around 15 euro..so anything above.would be 20 a day.what u are charging.dosent cover petrol.at all.a parent once told me.that.i shouldent be charging for petrol.my response was yes.you should.if you want your kids collected.then you should pay the petrol costs.

08/11/2013 15:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
theres a lot of parents.saying to minders. that this creche or that creche. is charging.this amount.and that covers petrol.so basically.a lot of them are hoping that the minder will say .petrol included in price.what creche. will drive 50 miles a day.to drop of and pick up. that 50 mile drive would cost 15/20.sometimes more .most creches i know.are very near the schools.and the petrol costs are minimum.most times.it would be cheaper to have a childminder.

06/11/2013 16:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just wondering what the outcome of this was? I am looking at how much I should be paying a minder for two school going children, for dropping and collecting from school as well. From what I can see €8 an hour for two children seem to be the going rate? Creches in the area charge €15 a day - that includes being able to drop the children from 7am, they drop to school and collect and will keep until 6pm........... Hard to know.....

10/09/2013 13:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply . No , I didn´t take into account diesal when I quoted . I´ve them 10 hours a day , but I never took into account diesal once they started school. Would it be wrong though to say to the parents that I feel I under charged , I´m minding them three weeks now. I drive a 2 litre diesal jeep.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;