Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Child Minder - How Much do you pay?

Child Minder - How Much do you pay?           reply
08/05/2012 19:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
-----------------------------------
Hi, I am returning to work in November 2012 and need to know what the going rates in Lucan are for a childminder for 2 children (one school going and the other in Montessori). My son will need to be collected at 3.oo 4 days a week and 4 o’clock 1 day a week. My Daughter minded from 9.30 until drop off at Montessori at 12.30 and then picked up at 3.30. The school and Montessori are within St Mary’s Parish (Close to St Mary’s Church). Also if she can do homework would be a bonus . I will most likely only require a childminder for 10 months a year as I will be looking to take the summers off work so months needed will be from September until June. This is not written in stone yet but I am considering it.
Can anyone advise me on rates per hour per child or for both as I have not had a childminder for a few years and the rates in general.
So hours would be as follows:
1 child for 1 1/2 hours every afternoon (school pick up until 4.30)
1 child for 4 hour’s (1 hour every afternoon Montessori pick up at 3.30 and 3 hours in the morning before Montessori drop off).
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Sue

re : Child Minder - How Much do you pay?           reply
13/07/2012 23:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
will you need your child minded if she /he is sick .
its about a working agreement that works for you and the minder who will i take it be on call.

re : Child Minder - How Much do you pay?           reply
16/07/2012 17:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello there,
I think that you should be paying a minder for 2 children, 7 hours per day, or a daily rate.
Practically speaking, the minder will be minding the children between 9.30 and 4.30pm; one child from 9.30 to 12.30, dropping off at montessori, and picking up other child at 3pm, and then picking up child from montessori at 3.30pm. So the time between 12.30 and 3.30pm would not be her own, she would be still ´on duty´, and I assume would be on call in the event of either child being sick at school or montessori. I believe that 8 euro per hour is the norm for 2 children, which would be 56 euro per day. Perhaps you might consider a daily rate of 50 euro, 250 euro per week. I think anything less would not be a fair rate, considering that the minder is expected to do a drop off and 2 pickups, which is quite demanding in practice, and also supervising homework.
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Marian

discussion forum terms & conditions

;