Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Child minding rates

re... : Child minding rates           reply
20/03/2015 18:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Ya I written things down ruffle and will do it out properly and I´m gona wait and see what she has to offer and get it all in writing for both of us holiday etc as Monday is one of my days and wasn´t sure what would happen with bank holidays. U have been a great help I´m not as confused as I was now and wrote down all u have said. Thanks a mill and if u think I need to know more that would be great to xx

05/11/2015 18:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Reba, minimum wage at least so €9.15 from January...see revenue.ie for details on how register as your nannys employer...

04/11/2015 16:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Reba,
The going rate for 3 siblings is about 10 euros per hour. It depends though if the minder has to provide the food and more experienced minders might charge more.
Hope that helps.
Sanohia

20/03/2015 12:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just to give you an idea Ciara I minded a 2 year old boy and his 10 mth old sister for a couple of years from 8.30 to 5.30 pm and was paid 60 euro per day. Be careful to think it through before you agree a rate as there is not much room for change afterwards if you find you havnt charged enough.Good luck with the job!

03/11/2015 22:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi can i just ask what woukd rhe rate be for 3 siblings please? I am looking for someone to mind my 3 boys and havnt a clue what the rates are. Thank you in advance
Reba x

20/03/2015 18:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ya I written things down ruffle and will do it out properly and I´m gona wait and see what she has to offer and get it all in writing for both of us holiday etc as Monday is one of my days and wasn´t sure what would happen with bank holidays. U have been a great help I´m not as confused as I was now and wrote down all u have said. Thanks a mill and if u think I need to know more that would be great to xx

04/11/2015 17:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Reba, are you in minders home or your own, any school runs, national school kid(s) will also affect the rate..

20/03/2015 18:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My advice is keep the €5 hr for one child n €8 an hr for two in your mind,..write down times n add them up n only if 5 days really offer a discount...when I started cm I read every post here n r*llercoaster.ie n even uk childminding forum,
alot cm agree a price n then realise very quickly the rate is too low for work and responsibilities involved,,, very unprofessional and unfair to parents to change rate after agreement made...
be very clear re times, rates, who supplies what, holidays, when u paid etc..use a written a4 page or do up a typed contract...
have you contacted your local childcare committee or childminding ireland, great help...best of luck with the parent

Child minding rates           reply
20/03/2015 09:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi I´m just wondering what´s the going rate. I´m hoping to mind a child or one more in my own home but also open to minding in there home. I´m reading a lot and 5per hr seems the norm but is that per child per hr what if you have two kids from them same family?? I want to be fair as I still get to be with my little girl but I´ve worked in childcare for a long time and know how much work is involved so need to be fair to my self to. Any advice would be great.

20/03/2015 12:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks a million I think ur right on ur rates all I can do is put them to her and see from there. U have been a great help x

20/03/2015 11:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m hoping to meet a lady with a 2yr old and 10 month old. She knows I have a child so I assume it will be in my home but her dad or nan might take her part of the day which will allow me to bring the kids to her home if she wanted. I was thinking 50 a day for the two kids as one won´t need a lot of food and I´m cooking for my own so if she is happy with that I don´t mind but can send her own food as well. It´s so hard trying to be fair to my self and the families. Thanks for replying it has helped a lot x

20/03/2015 11:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m hoping to meet a lady with a 2yr old and 10 month old. She knows I have a child so I assume it will be in my home but her dad or nan might take her part of the day which will allow me to bring the kids to her home if she wanted. I was thinking 50 a day for the two kids as one won´t need a lot of food and I´m cooking for my own so if she is happy with that I don´t mind but can send her own food as well. It´s so hard trying to be fair to my self and the families. Thanks for replying it has helped a lot x

04/11/2015 22:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would want the minder to come to my home. No school run as I will have them collected, i will also have food ready. I would want the childminder to do homework with a Senior Infant and 2nd class, youngest is 4."

re : Child minding rates           reply
20/03/2015 11:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Ciara......if you have 2 kids from the same family the going rate is around 8 euro per hour. However you could have to negotiate this if it is full-time for 4 or 5 days. This rate does not include food in my case anyway. It is a totally different scenario if you go to someone else´s house as they are then your employer. The hourly rate of pay is higher as there is usually some light housework involved and as you are working for them you are limited to minding their kids only.Some people may object to you bringing your child to their house too.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;