Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Child who needs extra help

Child who needs extra help           reply
22/08/2007 13:49 - Homework
-----------------------------------
My daughter is about to start second class. During senior infants both myself and my husband felt that she was not progressing as she should be but were told by the school that she was fine. During 1st class her teacher felt that she did need some extra help and she started resource during the year, at the end of the year her teacher told us she would need to go back to resource this coming year. We would like to get her some extra help outside the school and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what we could do as I cannot locate any grind type service for primary school children.

I am worried about the workload she will have this year and also there is the 1st communion which will take up more time.

re : Child who needs extra help           reply
30/09/2007 11:04 - Homework
Primary school teacher available for home tutoring. Experience in SEN; dyslexia, ASD, EBD.

22/08/2007 18:51 - School holidays / Inservice
Hi Taximum

You didn´t mention where you are located so I am not sure if the following will be of help. Kip McGrath education Centre provide tutoring in Reading, Spelling English & Mathematics and are based in Dublin. Their website is www.kipmcgrath.com and their phone number is 2024777. You might let them know where you heard about them if you are in touch.

If you want to try and work with your daughter yourself the following websites might help provide some useful support & exercises, www.starfall.com (for phonics & reading), www.mathsplayground.com

Hope the info helps
Schooldays.ie

24/08/2007 19:39 - School holidays / Inservice
Some primary school teachers do grinds, you could ask in the school or look at www.educationposts.ie/forum and ask there.

re... : Child who needs extra help           reply
11/09/2007 20:12 - School holidays / Inservice
Primary School Teacher based in Cork available to give grinds: 086 - 1959471

discussion forum terms & conditions

;