Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childcare costs

re : Childcare costs           reply
15/04/2015 22:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
what daily rate were you thinking of yourself.

re : Childcare costs           reply
19/04/2015 09:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I think that a nanny charges 9 or 10 euros per hour if she works part time. If you offer a full time job (Monday to Friday) I think that you ll be charged less than 9 euros per hour.

re... : Childcare costs           reply
16/04/2015 10:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well I guess it would come down to the minders qualification and experience but. Would have thought it would have to be cheaper than the crèche option!!

Childcare costs           reply
15/04/2015 20:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
I live in inchicore and I´m currently on maternity leave I intend going back to work full time in September. I´m curious what childcare would cost me, I will need someone in my home Monday to Friday from 8.30 until 3.30ish, they will mainly have the baby (9 months) then local school pick up at 1.30, some days 2.30.
I see a lot of €10ph but that would be €1400pm surely a childminder is not that cost. Creche costs for me would be €875 for baby and €500 for school aftercare, that includes their food etc and the availability to leave them there until 6pm.. I would have thought a childminder in my home would have been cheaper than Creche ???

16/04/2015 16:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Having a nanny in your home is the most expensive form of childcare. Sometimes a childminder can work out more expensive than a creche...you need to weigh up the advantages of having your children minded exclusively in your home and whether you can justify the expense...

19/04/2015 13:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi sabrina i don´t think a nanny in someones home would work full time for less money.you state 9/10 euro part time and 9 or less for full time.a nanny will stick with her chosen rate full or part time.if kids are minded in a childminders house. then yes the childminder may offer a holiday rate for during the holidays.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;