Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder fees? How much

re : Childminder fees? How much           reply
26/09/2016 16:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Just a fee questions first
Would you need them to be available if playschool and / or school were closed or if kids were sick!?
Are you looking for a minder in your home or the minders home!?

re... : Childminder fees? How much           reply
27/09/2016 05:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As peng28 said re a nanny in your home.
If you go the childminder route, explain what your needs are and see who´s available in your area. As for rates some may offer you the flexibility you require as it may very well fit around their current committments, other could charge for this flexibility as Peng28 said their preschool fulltime space gone.
Lists of insured childminders are available on your county childcare committee and childminding Ireland. If you use a childminder on neither list do check insurance, including car if your children will be travelling in one along with first aid and garda vetting.

Childminder fees? How much           reply
26/09/2016 15:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi guys im wondering how much childminder fees would be for 3 days per week for my 2 daughters aged 8 and 3. 8 year old would need school collection at 230 and 3 year collected from playschool at 12 o clock. So would be from 12 o clock collection until 530/6 o clock.
Days will be altered as my husband works shift but wouod give 1 month advance

26/09/2016 16:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
OK so, if in your own home would be min €10 or so per hour. You would also have to register as their employer and pay related taxes that come with that.
In the minders home you would likely be charged extra (for the toddler) as the morning can´t be filled by another child due to max numbers a minder can have. They are technically on call for those hours and as days alternate they couldn´t even fill for two days your lil one won´t be there x
The primary school little lady woyldny be counted in the preschool numbers as she´s in primary x
Price would likely be €9 or so per hour, some may charge extra for food and collection fee too x
Hope that makes sense xx

26/09/2016 16:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Would prefer in my own home or if drop off collections were not too far we are in clarehall. And yes when schools are closed it would be full days.
Many thanks for the reply, all sounds super ! Would need childminder to give the girls dinner and so supervise homework for my 8 year old.
Many thanks.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;