Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding cost with child at playschool

Childminding cost with child at playschool           reply
07/07/2015 13:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Louth)
-----------------------------------
Hi, We live in a small town in a rural area. I currently have a 24 year old minding my children in her own home. She minds them from 8:50 til 4pm.
The eldest child (6) is dropped to school (2min walk) at 9:10 til 2. The youngest will be starting playschool for 2 mornings a week in september 9am til 12pm (in same premises as first child goes to school - not free year). She was charging 40 euro a day.
She is currently on maternity leave and due back 10th August.
We do not have a contract or anything like that. I pay her bank holidays and holidays. Also if she was off an odd day sick or had hospital appointment I also paid her.
I was wondering if it is reasonable to pay her half pay for the hours my youngest is at school or do I still have to pay her the same amount? Obviously if the child is off school or on hols I will pay her full amount. I´m not trying to be tight, I just don´t know what the done thing is as my eldest has always been at school from I had to take on a childminder.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

re : Childminding cost with child at playschool           reply
08/07/2015 19:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You´d still have the same fee as your cm is still on call whilst your lo is at play school

re... : Childminding cost with child at playschool           reply
08/07/2015 21:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes, you should still pay...€40 is a very good rate and you sound like your very happy with her...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;