Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Childminding fee

Childminding fee           reply
18/07/2020 23:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi There,
I am starting out childminding. I am not sure what to charge. I have agreed €10.00 and hour for 5 hours minding two sisters and I am also minding a baby from 8 am until 6 pm for two days a week agreeing to €50.00 per day. His mother is going to provide nappies, wipes and food. Is these prices right or should I be asking for more?. It is all new to me so I am a bit at a loss. I am wondering would €12.00 per hour be too much to ask. I am doing a pediatric first aid course in September and I am gardai vetted. I have many years of experience as I am the youngest of 10 children and practically reared my nieces and nephews from when they were babies. There are 24 grandchildren in my family. Mary

re : Childminding fee           reply
19/07/2020 08:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Childminding prices have gone through the roof in Dublin. A mum in Dublin said she´s paying 2800e a month for full time care for one child in a childminders home. An article in yesterday Irish Independent it´s 90e a day for a baby, 10e an hour alone.
The demand is there if your willing and able to work with small children, it´s full on. Childminders set their own prices but relative to what they offer. Make sure your insured and also your car. Contact your CCC and Childminding Ireland for advice to set up before you start.

re... : Childminding fee           reply
19/07/2020 11:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Will do. Thanks for your advice. Oh my god €2,800 a month is a bit extreme. That is a mortgage.

re : Childminding fee           reply
20/07/2020 09:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You are charging the norm if not a little above per hour.
Do Not believe for one minute that anyone is paying 2800.00 per month. That may be for a live in qualified Nanny but nobody is paying that kind of money these rumours only justify people to put up their prices.

re... : Childminding fee           reply
20/07/2020 16:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes that figure sounds a bit extreme.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;