Childminding rates

re... : Childminding rates           reply
22/10/2013 11:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
sueba you should be charging a rate for diiner each week

re : Childminding rates           reply
21/10/2013 12:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi do you use your own food or is this supplied.Do you have to drive the kids around or walk.The going rate for one child is 5 euro and then half for the second so 8 euro seems ok.
good luck

30/10/2013 21:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would strongly suggest to all you parents that don´t want to pay 8 euros an hour to have your very precious children minded so that you can go to work to earn a large monthly cheque, to stay at home and mind your own children and do without the large monthly cheque

re : Childminding rates           reply
26/10/2013 17:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would agree that €8 is too much.
Minimum wage is €8.65, and from that wage there are deductions for tax. I currently pay a set rate of €50 per day between my two kids. She only has my daughter for 3.5 hours a day and I agree to pay the same rate s my son who is there for 9 hours, so that on school holidays I´m not robbed blind.
If somebody had two kids and you wanted to be paid €8 an hour, for say 9 hours - thats €72! Hardly worth somebody going to work to give you possibly their entire days wages.

26/10/2013 21:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay

a registered childminder pays tax so 8euro is not ... over the top rate
we are doing a job, it just happens to be in our home.

02/11/2013 13:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
at the end of the day.its what a parent can afford.and if the minder is willing to accept then.everything should be ok.

30/10/2013 21:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would suggest you mind your own children rather than pocketing your large cheque if you begrudge paying a minder 8 euros an hour to mind your children. You can´t have it both ways!!!!

02/11/2013 08:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
The amount I pay does not reflect on the minder themselves. Any minder we have had over the years has been fantastic with my kids, taken them to extra curricular activities, fed, helped with homework, and become a second mother and friend to my kids. She has had concern for my kids, not for her pocket.
As I´m full of nothing thank you kindly. A question was asked, I gave my opinion and yes I am a mother (if that is how you feel the need to address me) - but surely a mother´s opinion, which is that taking a view opposite your own, and the view of your own possible prospective clients, is one to be valued?
I do wish you all the best of luck with the kids in your homes, and I´m happy that you have clients willing to pay you that much - makes life that bit easier/better from your side. I wouldn´t be willing, but it´s a personal opinion and all I an offer is exactly that.

28/10/2013 00:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes.there is a lot of minders.who pay their taxes.there is quite a few parents.who think most minders dont pay tax.some dont.but at the end of the day.you cant say to a minder.you dont pay tax.so im not paying you this amount....there is.genuine parents.who cant afford 8 euro an hr.for 2 kids.i would work around that.and come up with a rate that suits both sides.then theres the parents who want minders for next to nothing.but would have no problem paying 100 euro a go. for a hairstyle.or go out and spend over 100 in a night.

03/11/2013 18:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
@swatters your feedback is what I asked for and I got, thank you! My concern is not just for my pocket but for my children also as I have to pay my Mortgage also and feeding the children in question will be extra on top of my shopping, milk yogurts, dinners, art equipment which has to be bought out of the money i´m earning. Luckily I´m worth the money I´m being paid and they can see my worth. €7 an hour is an excellent rate as I have been in contact with Fingal childcare and €8 is the going rate for two from the same family, so I reduced it to help them. We all have to make a living and I won´t work doing this vital job for minimal wage. Maybe you undercut your childminder unintentionally. I know I will be brilliant at this and the children will be very happy and ultimately that´s what is important. Thank you again for your feedback and I to wish you well.

21/10/2013 17:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply. I am giving them their dinner (supplied by me) and doing homework. The school is walking distance and so is his one activity after school. The other boy is in Montessori 1 day one week and 2 days the next and I will be walking him up.

21/10/2013 13:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€8 is the goin rate in your home for 2 siblings, they should also give u a petrol allowence if u are driving kids to activities plus either supply you with their food or pay you extra for the food you supply

31/10/2013 21:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes I agree 8e hour seems a lot. I appreciate childminding is a responsible role but my god I would barely get 8hr an hourly rate now if I temped doing office work. I know childminders have to make a living but be realistic, we are in a recession!

02/11/2013 07:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
@swatters, I am charging €7 now for the ladies two children and I will be doing homework with them and providing their dinner which will be wholesome also they will be looked after to the highest standard in a loving safe clean environment with someone that actually loves children! They will get more attention and one to one care than any creche could provide. It will become a home from home. I have been inundated with lots of offer as €8 for two children is the going rate and when potential parents met me and came to my home they could see what I offered was great value. I reduced my rate because I could see that this family really wanted me and I wanted to help them out. Please don´t say that for €8 I would send them to a creche as we are offering our home which is our sanctuary and our valuable time.

31/10/2013 00:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
your right.but a lot of parents want minders for nothing.i know of 1 couple.who are offering 6 euro an hr to mind 3 kids.in their own home.this couple.are very well of.and theres a lone parent.who is offering 8 euro for 2 kids.6 hrs 50 euro.

31/10/2013 14:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
because that will pay the bills and mortgage no hughes?! Do you not think that we would all love to stay home with our kids? I work 70+ hours a week between two jobs to give them the best life possible - I sacrifice my time with them in order to keep a roof over their heads and give them what they need and know that they will thank me for it later in life. I would refuse to pay €8 per hour, I personally think it´s too much (and with the number of pm´s I received agreeing I know others do as well) and have no trouble finding somebody willing to do it for far cheaper - If I wanted to pay out that much I would send them to a professional crèche which I know will be regulated, monitored and qualified to mind/teach them to the highest standard.

Childminding rates           reply
21/10/2013 09:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
I just want to make sure i am not over charging. I might be minding two children (brothers) one is 5 the other is 3 at a rate of €8 per hour, this includes drop off homework, dinner and drop off one day to after school activities. They think its too much. I don´t get paid for any holidays only Bank holidays. I think this is fair! What do you think?

22/10/2013 08:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no 8 euro is not to much.its 5 for 1 child.and 3 for the second.the parents say its to much.so how much do they want to pay you.i worked for a couple with 2 boys.i minded the boys.in their house.4 hrs 4 days a week.got 120 euro.no pay for holidays they took.or days of which they took.now and again.i also gave them a good discount.this year .i had them for 3 hrs.4 days a week.the parents cut the money.to 100 euro.with out discusing it with me.thats not on either.i pulled them up over it.their excuse was.im now only minding them for 3 hrs a day.they seemed to forget.that i gave them a good discount.i also.had to chase them for my money.when you have to do that.its not worth it.i was a very good minder.to those kids..some parents want minders for absolutely nothing.

31/10/2013 22:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
your full of it mother, good luck with the minder that works for 6euro per hour
for two children ,bet your children are left watching tv all day .you get what you pay for,and by the way most child minders are qualified persons who choose
NOT to work in creches for reasons that were highlighted on prime time some weeks ago......ie swearing, shouting, children left in high chairs for long periods ! !
respect to all you parents who pay fair, thank you .

03/11/2013 21:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sueba.7 euro.is a good rate.anything under.and it wouldent be worth your while.as you say.you have a mortgage to pay.food to buy.and arts and crafts.bits and pieces.as you say.what is the pont in working for minimal wage.i did it once.and i got treated like dirt.

04/11/2013 10:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
best wishes, thanks for letting us all know how you got on .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;