Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Choosing a school (South Co. Dublin)

Choosing a school (South Co. Dublin)           reply
10/01/2012 15:09 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
All

I appreciate that there are quite a lot of messages posted and frequently without replies. I´m hoping this is as a result of a lot of direct, or private messages.

My daughter is now 2 and her name is not down at any school. I am not originally from Dublin and find the whole process of "choosing" a school and having to register her as early as possible (I appreciate we may already be 2 years too late for some) quite daunting.

We currently live in Ballinteer, but are hoping to buy a house and therefore could potentially move from the area. The other areas we´re looking at include Rathfarnham, Terenure and Dundrum.

Any advice on any schools, whether primary, secondary, single or mixed sex - is very much appreciated. I can appreciate the benefits of a fee-paying school but I´m not sure we could afford it for her and any future sibling(s).

Regards
Tea

re : Choosing a school (South Co. Dublin)           reply
11/01/2012 20:22 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Everyone has their own thoughts on this, Tea.
Stay local - If you stay in Ballinteer, you´ll be spoiled for choice between Our Lady´s, St Attractas, Scoil Naithi and Divine Word not too far away. Having the school within walking or cycling distance is great in freeing you from car commutes and getting a bit of exercise. Having your child in the same class as most of the neighbours can be good too for building up friendships.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;