Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Choosing a school in Knocklyon

re... : Choosing a school in Knocklyon           reply
29/01/2010 00:26 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Thanks a million, this is a huge help. we´ve heard a lot of good about both schools but felt that the smaller number of classes would be a plus for snp.

Choosing a school in Knocklyon           reply
27/01/2010 23:55 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
We´re trying to decide between Scoil Naomh Padraig and St. Colmcilles for our eldest boy, and have heard mostly good things about both.

So far, the trade off seem to be that St Colmcilles is mixed and well run but Naomh Padraig is smaller.

Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated.

re : Choosing a school in Knocklyon           reply
28/01/2010 16:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi there, I had the same issue with my little girl, now 7 yrs when I was putting her in primary. Wnated her to get into Colmcilles as it was mixed, but we weren´t in their parish area so didn´t, was very upset at the time. she got into scoil naomh padraig and I think it was the better result as I know there are less jnr. classes, there were only 4 jnr. infant classes with about 25 in each, is mixed for both jrn and snr. she meet lovely kids from around the area and I am now friends with 5 of the mums and we got out regularly. I know the boys went onto Ballyroan BNS and all the mums of the boys are thrilled with that school, my friend who has her boy in ballyroan bns and her girl in SNP seems to rave about the boys school and I feel if she could have put her daughter in there after snr infants she would have. SNP and Ballyroan bns make sure they have half days and days off on the same day so parents have both kids in or out early on the same day. So from my experience I love SNP as it´s smaller and great teachers etc. would highly recommend it to you!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;