Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Decision on private secondary schools

Decision on private secondary schools           reply
20/01/2015 16:54 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi, due to a location we have chosen two private secondary schools for my son, St Michael college in Dublin 4 and CUS in Dublin 2.
Could anybody advise us which one is better, or any useful info on the schools?
We live north Dublin, both schools are easy to access from dart station and walk.

re... : Decision on private secondary schools           reply
22/01/2015 14:23 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
thanks for your information, we have visited both schools, st Michael has a very good playground. probably we will go to it.

re : Decision on private secondary schools           reply
21/01/2015 10:01 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I don´t know anything about either school, but have you considers factors like afterschool activities as far as I know CUS sports fields are out by navan road and you´ve to pay for buses to & from training and matches. This is a factor with schools in the city centre. I´m not much use but consider all these factors, as your boy may seem like a big boy but once they start secondary, they seem to revert to little kids, especially for the first year, until they find their feet. After the first year they fall into a nice routine & can manage to get themselves to and from any location! Best of luck, it´s a big decision. Make it & rule out the. Other school I´m sure there´s no difference in results etc.... Once your boy is happy the school they attend is incidental.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;