Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Declaring Childcare payments for Medical Card

re : Declaring Childcare payments for Medical Card           reply
30/12/2013 18:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
You must have a registered childminder for the HSE to take those outgoings into consideration

re... : Declaring Childcare payments for Medical Card           reply
06/12/2013 14:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you need a new registered childminder.
try childminding ireland.

re : Declaring Childcare payments for Medical Card           reply
05/12/2013 12:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You should be entitled to a medical card if you have longterm illness or if your wages fall below a certain amount.
It shouldnt matter to you what your childminder receives or is entitled to, or what tax she pays . Thats her concern. And I as a single parent know how hard it is to survive when your not receiving any help from anyone.
If she cares and loves your children as her own, that should be good enough, you should get a medical card off your own bat.

Declaring Childcare payments for Medical Card           reply
04/12/2013 21:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hey,
Wanted to get some thoughts on the following situation.

We recently had a neighbour start to take care of our children in our own home as she lives around the corner. She is not a childminder, vetted or Fetac qualified.
We pay here cash every 2 weeks.
Between the money we pay here and the pre-school, we would qualify for Medical cards due to pre-existing medical conditions, distances to work and childcare costs.

However, she does not declare the earnings. She is a single mother and as such is entitled to earn up to €160+ per week tax free but this would require us setting ourselves up as a company to employ her as a PAYE worker..
As she is not fetac qualified and is minding our children in our home (her preference), means that she cannot register as a childminder and charge service rates.

Is there any way that we can declare the earnings and apply for our medical cards taking into consideration the above listed scenario ?

Many Thanks,
Francis

10/12/2013 17:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If she is minding in your home then you are legally obliged to pay her tax and prsi, she does not have to declare her earnings you do. If you do that then applying for the medical card should be no problem.

10/12/2013 17:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
AlisonN +1 You need to register as an employer with Revenue and let her take care of herself

07/12/2013 17:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi you encouraging someone to work in the black economy and yet feel you still should be entitled to a medical card with your outgoings. Also employing someone in your own home and not declaring this is extremely dangerous as revenue are apparently looking into this area. Their website has clear instructions on steps you must take if you are employing someone in your home.

05/12/2013 13:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry - think we have gone off the point.
When applying for a medical card, the HSE take into consideration:-
1. Your Net Earnings (if you are working),
2. Mortgage repayments,
3. Expenditure on travelling to and from work (with a cap)
4. Medical Expenses
and
5. CHILDCARE COSTS !!!
This is looking for a solution to the scenario listed as opposed to what response was given.
If anyone has a solution, please advise.
Many Thanks,
Francis

discussion forum terms & conditions

;