Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Dublin 5 minder. Just looking for advice please.

Dublin 5 minder. Just looking for advice please.           reply
23/07/2016 07:43 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi all,
I am currently working in a creche with preschool children. I have fetac 5 in early childhood care and education and i am in the middle of doing advanced montessori with ecce level 6. Although working in creche the past two years and really enjoying it, i would much rather work for myself from home. I have lots of toys and books etc and most importantly I lots of time and affection for children.
Unfortunately i am living in my grandparents home at the moment which needs a lot of work so I cant set up here. Im not really fond of the idea of minding in someone elses home either. My parents have offered to let me mind from their home there is a small room i can set up however i like. Its in a good area etc. Only thing is my parents are there although both work, 2 teenage brothers who do not work and will b home on school holidays etc and a sister who works. They also have 3 dogs. It would be no problem to keep dogs outside and away from the children but i am just looking for advice from both parents and minders - do you think this would deter you from choosing me as a childminder or is this something I can work with?
Any advice would be much appreciate.
Thank you
E

discussion forum terms & conditions

;