Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Fair pay rate for childcare in my home?!

re : Fair pay rate for childcare in my home?!           reply
19/01/2013 19:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Rate of pay for somebody to go to your house would generally be €10 per hour irrelevant of how many children they are minding but some people charge less and some charge more. You could get the childminder/Nanny to do some light housework too.You should offer 15 to 20 days holidays (like anybody else working full time hours would be offered) although you are looking for 4 days a week as opposed to full time hours. A contract is good so everybody knows where they stand but as LIS said isnt really worth the paper its written on. You have to pay the childminders PRSI etc if they were minding in your own home. Good luck with this.

Fair pay rate for childcare in my home?!           reply
18/01/2013 21:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Sligo)
Am looking for sound advice re a fair rate of pay for a childminder to look after my children at home four days a week. My one year old at home all day 8.30 to 5.30, three year old to be picked up from montesorri at 12.30 and five year old from school at 2 then both looked after too till I get home. Also what is the accepted norm re number of paid holidays per year? Do People in general prepare a contract? When the two older boys are at home full time over summer months and need extra care or to be dropped to clubs or camps should the weekly payment increase or stay the same? Would really appreciate all your suggestions as want to have things right

re : Fair pay rate for childcare in my home?!           reply
19/01/2013 12:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there.the rate is 5 E per hr for 1 child. 3 per hr for the 2nd
and 2 per hr for the 3rd.2 weeks paid holidays would be ok.you should also pay the minder.if u or the kids are sick.bank holidays also should be covered.its up to urself.if u want to do a contract.the contract would work both ways.the only thing is though.if a contract isent signed by a solicitor.it wouldent be worth the paper its written on.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;