Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin

Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin           reply
05/01/2017 20:09 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi all,

I´m new to all this so was hoping some of you would share your thoughts.

I am a primary school teacher raising my baby through Irish. I am seriously considering giving up teaching for a few years to raise my son, at least til he starts school and am thinking about caring for another child/ children in my home to supplement my husbands income. Do u think there would be demand for an Irish speaking childminder? How would I best go about finding a family/families? I thought about maybe approaching Gaelscoileanna in the area.

How much can I expect to earn? Is it better to take siblings or children from different families?

Also, I live in an apartment. It´s a really nice large ground floor apartment in lovely safe sought after location (next to coast and St Anne´s Park ) with other families in the building. Do u think this would completely put people off? Am I better off waiting til we have a house (hopefully by the end of the year).

Your thoughts on this are much appreciated.

re : Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin           reply
18/01/2017 22:41 - Dublin North Childminders
Hi There,
I found your post very interesting to read. I am hoping to send my two kids to scoil neasain which is literally 30 seconds walk from out front door.. we also live very st. Anns park ... do you drive? We are looking for a new childminder at present . It woukd be great to chat if your still interested in exploring this route ,
Thanks
Mairéad

re... : Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin           reply
19/01/2017 06:21 - Dublin North Childminders
Hi Mairéad,
I wouldn´t be looking to start til my baby is older, he´s only 6months and very demanding of my attention. I was really just looking for feedback to see if it would be a viable option.
Good luck finding someone for your girls.

re : Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin           reply
03/04/2017 20:41 - Dublin North Childminders
Hi,
I think there would be a demand. We are currently looking for a child minder that speaks Irish as our children are going to go to scoil neasain. My daughter is starting in September and my son the following year (2018). I know you said you are not looking for a family just yet but I´d be happy to chat to you about minding our kids. We are flexible enough and only require a few hours a day and it wouldn´t be everyday. I have a 7 month old baby also. Wondering if we could chat privately about it maybe?

29/06/2017 11:49 - Dublin North Childminders
Are you still looking for someone?
I am available and I am an Irish speaker. I want to immerse myself in the language more as I hope to become a primary school teacher myself by doing the HDAPE with Hibernia College next April. CV and references can be supplied.

re... : Feidhlí Linbh / Irish speaking childminder North East Dublin           reply
29/06/2017 21:09 - Dublin North Childminders
Hi
I´m a childminder living across the road from Scoil Neasain. My daughter is in first class there.
My experience there is definitely a demand from parents for childminder who speak Irish or who have children in the house who speak Irish.

discussion forum terms & conditions