Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Getting paid

re... : Getting paid           reply
12/01/2017 06:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Its minimum wage per hour at least for family to register as your employer. In applying a low day rate its cash they can pay only.
Or is it family intention register with revenue and then under declare the hours on your contract meaning they look like they are paying you at least minimum wage as they legally should. Are you getting a contract?

Getting paid           reply
11/01/2017 15:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi all. Im about to start a job as a nanny. And will be registered to work. She cant afford to pay me min wages she we are looking at a daily rate. Can i ask what u think i should ask for. It 8.30 till 6 2 children one at home all time other in preschool till 12. Ive to drop her and pick her up. Its less then a mile away. Look forward to hearing back from ye all.

re : Getting paid           reply
11/01/2017 15:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Legally speaking she should be paying you more than minimum wage as there are two children, fair play to you though!
it is a 9.5 hour day so should be paying in the region of €114 per day which would be €570 per week . . .
I would say (if you´re open to it) no less than €80 per day which is €400 per week.
Remember: While you are sympathetic to her plight, you need to earn a living too! If you were working in another sector it wouldn´t be fair (or legal) for your boss / prospective boss to say "we can´t afford to pay you the full amount"
Judging by what your post says it is a baby / young toddler and another ages 3-4, it is full on work and you don´t get breaks, don´t undersell yourself xx

re... : Getting paid           reply
12/01/2017 10:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
We are trying to agree on a daily rate instead of hourly rate!! And i want something fair between us both. They are going to register me to work. But ovbiously it will be a salary instead off hours. Im getn contract and everything else holidays bank holidays the lot..

discussion forum terms & conditions

;