Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Help! How much do I pay childminder???

re : Help! How much do I pay childminder???           reply
14/08/2011 13:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi there,

The going rate is between 35-40 euro per day.

Hope that helps

13/11/2011 09:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry I am misunderstanding this I think - Brillo are you paying 50euro per day for the 3 children to bne minded? If so this is a mega bargain- the going rate for 3 children- with 2 collections and one child under one- would be a minimun 75 per day. So I think that if your minder is only getting 50euro then she is being underpaid if anything .
Obviouslt certain factors will affect rates, Location and start and finish time- but if you are Dubin Based and your minder works an average 7+ hours a day then I would suggest the above rate.
HTH

re... : Help! How much do I pay childminder???           reply
22/08/2011 11:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i dont knowwhere the other replies are coming from either they didnt read your post properly and note that you have 3 children that need childcare or they expect it to be done for nothing no way would you get anyone to mind 3 kids for 35 to 40e per day not sure how much it will actualy be but id reckon between 70 nd 80e per day

15/08/2011 07:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yeah i have been paying 50 but discovered that was over the odds - i think 35-45 s plenty

28/08/2011 16:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well done monmon!!!!!! I agree with you. How can someone work for 35-45 euro/day to mind three children????? That`s whay we are being paid less then we deserve: because there are a few childminders willing to work for 30 euro/day .

24/08/2011 08:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi - the average rate around Dublin would at least be €45 for the full day, anything less would just be ridiculous! From the hours of 8-6pm that would only work at at €4.50 per hour! Normal would be at least 1/2 that for siblings, but if your childminder is going to be collecting and minding during school holidays etc you need to come to an arrangement about pay. Best of luck.

Help! How much do I pay childminder???           reply
03/08/2011 11:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, Hope someone can help me out....

How much is the average rate per child for childminding in Dublin?????

My children are aged 11 months, 2 1/2 and 4
My eldest 2 will be in preschool and primary school from september so would need to be collected.

Is there a daily rate or hourly rate?
Can someone please help me out

Thanks

28/09/2011 16:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi – normal rates in Dublin would be around €45 per day for 1 child, and around €30/35 for 2nd. Remember crèches only give around 5% discount for 2nd children. If your childminder is responsible for collecting your child during the hours of school they should be paid for that too. Remember Childminders have bills to pay too!

13/11/2011 12:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no 35 to 40 isent plenty.thats the cost for 1 child.i wouldent dream of asking a childminder to take that for 3 kids.i pay 200 euro for 4 days .im also going to give her a rise of 50 euro as she is doing a great job.i will also pay her for the month i will pay her for the 4 weeks i will be of over december and january

17/11/2011 18:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Depends if you are talking about having them minded in your home or childminders? Childminders who work from their own home can charge less becuase they can take up to 5 children so are sometimes making up to €1000 per week however someone in your own home is restricted to minding your child so therefore has to charge more for a one on one childcare service.

23/08/2011 19:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes agree with last statement 60 - 70 at least for 3 children, you would be paying at least 60 for 2, think of what a creche would charge you for that over 1000 per month per child!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;