Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Holiday Pay for Childminder - What's the Norm?

re : Holiday Pay for Childminder - What´s the Norm?           reply
01/07/2013 12:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi I cover my hols in the contract I sign with my parents at the very outset so there are no misunderstandings down the line, it all depends on the agreement you have made with each other. Some minders get paid for 4 or 2 weeks, some don´t get paid for hols but will get paid when the family take hols, again all depending on what is agreed. If no agreement exists then both parties need to talk asap and agree going forward what the arrangements are going to be.

re... : Holiday Pay for Childminder - What´s the Norm?           reply
07/07/2013 21:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i think the norm is you pay if ur taking the time off and dont pay if the childminder is taking the time off

re... : Holiday Pay for Childminder - What´s the Norm?           reply
01/07/2013 13:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks Mindermum for your response. I was hoping to get a general idea of what childminders usually get so I know what is expected and what is not. At the moment I pay €5/hour in her own home for 1 child. I provide all food, snacks, drinks, nappies etc. Based on this would you expect to also pay for her 2 weeks and my 2 weeks hols? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Holiday Pay for Childminder - What´s the Norm?           reply
01/07/2013 11:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi All, just looking for some feedback on what you should pay your childminder for holidays. Do I pay when she is on hols (eventhough I then may need to employ someone else to look after child while I work and pay them), do I pay when I´m on hols or do I pay her for both? Any feedback would be great. Looking forward to responses.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;