Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Holiday pay??

Holiday pay??           reply
17/08/2017 09:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I need some help please, I mind two children after school Monday to Thursday and have had them full days over the summer I went on my two weeks holiday and they didn´t pay me which was fine as I chose to go then, but now they are off on two weeks holiday and no pay for me should I be looking for holiday pay??
Any help appreciated

re : Holiday pay??           reply
17/08/2017 10:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have a contract with my parents that say I get paid when im available to work and if im not available then I dont get paid,I give twelve months notice for my summer hols so they can choose to go when I go and not pay me but if they decide to go at a different time then I stil get paid to hold their place but you need to clarify this at the beginning where possible as every childminder is different.

re... : Holiday pay??           reply
17/08/2017 10:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I only took them on at Christmas but I had my holiday booked so they knew well in advance,I also told them that I didn´t expect to be paid when I wasn´t available but that I was to be paid when they were on hols.think I´ll just text her now while she´s in work and see what she says thanks for your reply 😃

re... : Holiday pay??           reply
17/08/2017 19:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally I´d wait till family next pay you...it probably will be included then. If not bring it up personally. Stick to your principles, no holiday pay, no future care...tough situation but hopefully it won´t come to that...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;