Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How Much for a Childminder

How Much for a Childminder           reply
22/08/2017 08:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
hi could anyone tell me how much i should be paying a childminder for one child, 3 days per week, they will be dropped to childminder at 7.15am, the childminder will drop then drop to playschool for 9.15am (playschool is 5/10 min from childminders house) they will then be collected at 12.15 from playschool and stay with childminder until 5pm, i will provide meals myself? they are not registered to pay tax, do you pay the childminder when you are on holidays, i get nearly 6 weeks off per year? any info would be much appreciated

re : How Much for a Childminder           reply
22/08/2017 17:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
You really need ask the childminder in question herself re rates. Its approx €5 an hr in an insured childminders. Its this low as an insured childminder realises she needs to work and can have small number of kids throughout the day.
However your minder might have unrealistic expectations if she´s never minded before ...many people think they entitled to min wage per child.
As for holidays be honest re your requirements...majority would say as its cash you need not pay...but the minder may need a wage especially if it´s a low rate.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;