Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How Much to Charge for 3 Children in Their Own Home

How Much to Charge for 3 Children in Their Own Home           reply
25/04/2015 22:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Mayo)
-----------------------------------
Hi, I am wondering what the going rate is (in the mayo area) for a childminder for 3 children in their own home, full time including cooking, cleaning etc?? I am registered and insured, experienced and have Level 6 childcare. Also any other info would be great :)

re : How Much to Charge for 3 Children in Their Own Home           reply
26/04/2015 07:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have the parents registered you as employee with revenue, at least minimum wage but I see anything from 12 to €15 an hr from start time to finish time...

re... : How Much to Charge for 3 Children in Their Own Home           reply
30/04/2015 21:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, your a nanny when in their home n with your qualifications n experience, the fact ud hav 3 kids, not to mention cooking n cleaning, €8 is an insult..my guess is parents are well aware of their responsibilities re registering, payslips, paying your prsi, holiday entitlement etc n so think for €80 a day a cash in nanny will jump at it...it´s your decision ultimately but a self employed worker can not work in the children´s home...plus with no official contract you could be jobless in a flash n no right to social welfare help as any other employed person would be...
Why are you thinking leaving your own business...

re... : How Much to Charge for 3 Children in Their Own Home           reply
30/04/2015 19:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No, they haven´t. I am currently a childminder in my own home and a parent has asked if I would consider minding their children in their home full time. They said that they have asked their friends who have childminders and that they pay €80 per day (which means it would average at €8 per hour). They also said that these people don´t pay their childminders PRSI, that the childminder pays it themselves...is that possible??

discussion forum terms & conditions

;