Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How do you select a First Communion Dress

re... : How do you select a First Communion Dress           reply
13/10/2010 17:32 - First Holy Communion
-----------------------------------
I was interested in this thread but I can´t seem to see the most recent entry by Adele. I´m inclined to think that the dress is not the bee all and the end all and agree that less is more when it comes to Communion dresses.

How do you select a First Communion Dress           reply
18/09/2009 06:42 - First Holy Communion
I have been checking for the latest fashion on communion dresses. My younger sister Susan is just about to receive her first communion and this is driving her nuts! She is this girl who is not quite a conservative and likes everything latest and new.

St. Jude Church where we go is very conservative as it tends to stick to one pattern of dress and color:white dresses with clean line with minimal beads

Susan want a Red gown! :( and she wants it touching the ground as she walks gracefully down the aisle! This has made me start searching the numerous online stores for a suitable dress.

With my tight budget I am willing to spend $70. :( and I don´t want to disappoint her yet again I would prefer if she went for a white one.

I preferred any of this found in perfectpear.com. What do you think? [IMG]/schooldays.nsf/(Uploads)/JCCC-7VZ9TL/$File/Perfect communion dresses.png[/IMG]

re : How do you select a First Communion Dress           reply
11/03/2010 21:39 - First Holy Communion
you should also try Jacadi in Dublin - its a boutique store just off Grafton Street b the Gaiety and they have the most beautiful simple classic dresses. The lady who owns the shop is fantastic - really knows what shape and style will suit and make your daughter feel really special. They have a a great selection of dresses with a price range from about 170 up and they usually have a sale in March so you can pick up a gorgeous dress at a good discount. The stores been around about 20 years and has managed to survive all the ups and downs purely down to their personal service and the owners good eye. Cant recommend anywhere better in Ireland to buy a communion dress!

22/09/2009 11:46 - First Holy Communion
Yea. I think allowing children to have their first communion in their school dresses is a good ideas. It will actually reduce the clothing expenses but this might not also go well with the kids. They like to shine! you say I try Freckles in Liffey Street, Dublin. Am currently checking there. Thanks flo

04/12/2009 18:51 - First Holy Communion
We got a beautiful simple dress from Debenhams for E59. By accessorising it with somethingelse simple, nobody was any the wiser. It was very much admired and really was far far nicer than some dresses that could have cost E400 + .

18/09/2009 17:08 - First Holy Communion

I know Freckles in Liffey Street, Dublin (if they´re still there) also has a great selection of all communion dresses which caters for every budget. The school may decide yet to have the children make their Communion in their uniforms, especially in the current climate...

18/09/2009 17:21 - First Holy Communion
The dress she wears on the day is not really the most important thing. Try not to let her get too psyched up about the dress at this stage. Play it down. Anyway, you have loads of time as it is usually not until May. If you sort out a dress now, she may have outgrown it.
From my experience with seeing Communion Dresses, it is very much a case of less is more.

06/05/2010 10:44 - First Holy Communion
I read this one with interest last year. Just checking, Christianblog. What ever happened in the end? I have sons but I know girls (or some parents of girls) can tend to lose the run of themselves when it comes to Communion dresses. Simple and not overdone always works best.

03/12/2009 14:32 - First Holy Communion
I just bought a dress for my daughter from a bridal shop in Ashbourne, we hadn´t planned but came accross shop while out shopping. They were having a sale and the dress only cost me 120 euros. we had a lovely time there too, the girls fussed over us for ages and we were very comfortable there. I think the shop is spelt Trousseau.

04/12/2009 13:42 - First Holy Communion
the dresses in Marks and Spencers last year were fabulous and were only priced at €80 and they also supplied the accessories to match

discussion forum terms & conditions

;