Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How many children are you allowed to mind in your own home?

re : How many children are you allowed to mind in your own home?           reply
30/03/2011 20:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Legislation

Childminding in Ireland is governed by the Childcare (1991) Act and the Pre-School Regulations (2006). Childminding is regulated only where four or more children under the age of six are minded.
A single handed Childminder can mind up to five children under the age of six.
A Childminder can mind no more than two children under 15 months (except in the case of siblings).
Childminders must notify their local Health Service Executive if they mind four or more children (excluding their own) under the age of six.
Childminders who are not required to notify, may voluntarily notify to their County Childcare Committee to avail of tax allowances, grants and training.
There is no regulation at present of school age (6+) childcare services, although the Report "School Aged Childcare in Ireland" published by the National Childcare Co-ordinating Committee recommends a ratio of one adult for eight children.

Find more information at www.childminding.ie

Hope this helps! :)

How many children are you allowed to mind in your own home?           reply
30/03/2011 20:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just in regarding insurance etc...How many children are you allowed to mind in your own home?

re... : How many children are you allowed to mind in your own home?           reply
31/03/2011 15:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much, for the information.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;