Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I expect to pay for childminding of baby and preschooler?

How much should I expect to pay for childminding of baby and preschooler?           reply
04/04/2018 22:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi there,

I’m looking for advice. I have had a Childminder minding my 2 year old daughter for the last year and have recently had my second child. From talking to friends it seems I’ve been paying a lot more than most and now as myself and my husband look at figures for next year it seems we’ll have very little left if we have to pay the same rates x 2.

I’m hoping to have a chat with the Childminder re rates for next year but first I want to have an idea in my head of what would be reasonable to pay. May I ask those of you who are childminders what you would charge for the following:
Minding a 1 year old and a 3 year old in childminder’s home from 9am-5pm (8 hours) to include dropping the 3 year old to playschool (10 minute walk away) for three hours from 10am-1pm. All food provided by me.

I know different childminders charge different rates and there can be many variables but I would really appreciate any advice as I want to be reasonable both to ourselves and to the childminder.

We are living in a middle class area in the north side of Dublin.

Many Thanks in advance!

re : How much should I expect to pay for childminding of baby and preschooler?           reply
05/04/2018 16:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
What were you currently paying per hour for the one child and what has the childminder standard wise..insurance, first aid etc? When do/dont you pay? Easier to discuss from there re adding a sibling.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;