How much to charge for minding 4 children

re... : How much to charge for minding 4 children           reply
11/07/2013 22:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
10 euro an hr.should cover it.dont do it for 5 euro

16/07/2013 08:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
There is a discussion on the FB page for Rollercoaster.ie on how much to pay a babysitter, it may be interesting reading for you.

12/07/2013 15:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally Id keep going the way you are or as I said earlier increase just a little for the family with good few kids (however as parent with good few kids myself, this could just be the push too far). There def is that fine line.
Im sure you´v advertised here and in local playgroups/summer camps/doctors/filling station/library etc. I see alot people having a dedicated Facebook page (as opposed to personal account) so maybe something like "Your town Babysitter" (not a route iv gone down "yet") and get your friends to share it. no harm done if no-one contact you etc as no one knows who you are.

14/07/2013 15:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
How much extra do you think I could charge?

re : How much to charge for minding 4 children           reply
11/07/2013 20:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
For babysitting 4 children definitely 10 euro per hour. I have 3 and pay 10 euro per hour

12/07/2013 10:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That´s exactly it I don´t want to charge to much incase I don´t get the babysitting anymore because its so hard to come across any work for students during the holidays.
Another family that I babysit for have 5 children and give me more than €5 an hour I´m not sure how much I think it´s between 6 or 7 euro an hour which I am delighted with.
I feel I should be getting abit more than €5 and anyone I ask tells me I should be getting more!!
I always have the place clean and tidy for when the parents get home and I always have to put on food for the children.

11/07/2013 23:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Would that be the goin rate for students in your area?

12/07/2013 08:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
There a fine between what parents want/can pay and what you feel is what you should get paid! I however have refused work because the pay is just too low for the work involved. Also I find if parents have more than one child the amount they have to pay for childcare can be a huge figure so meeting in the middle is needed. This would be childcare during the day full/part-time.
However, as you are a student, ask yourself are you happy with the sum total you receive (of course more would always be nice but it is worth turning away/losing the jobs). Plus word of mouth seems to be working for you as you´v a couple families on the go. Maybe you could increase the €5 rate a little and see how its goes.

How much to charge for minding 4 children           reply
11/07/2013 00:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
I just wanted some advice on how much I should charge for minding 4 children ages between 4 and 14.
I am a student on summer holidays and get asked to babysit regularly. I babysit during the day and night and might stay over an odd time. I don´t have set hours it´s different everytime I babysit so a set rate per hour would problably be best.
I also babysit for 3 other family´s in my area and they ask me what is my set rate per hour but I´m not sure what I should be charging.
If anyone could help me out I would really appriciate it!
Thanks

11/07/2013 22:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am charging €5 per hour at the minute. I don´t want to charge to much incase I lose the babysitting jobs that I have.
Is it a student you are paying €10 an hour?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;