Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Introduce Yourself & Win a Schooldays Diary

re : Introduce Yourself & Win a Schooldays Diary          
11/11/2008 15:47 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Hi there my name is dd and i am very new to this kind of thing!!!

I have one little girl of 5 who started junior infants this year. It s not easy letting her go to be honest.

I work part time and love the balance between home and work.

She seems to love school but is coming home every day from school telling me that she is being excluded by her friends. I am finding this really upsetting and I dont know what to do about it. There´s probably nothing I can do about it.

Would appreciate any advice at all!!!

Dont know what else to say to be honest

Introduce Yourself & Win a Schooldays Diary          
06/11/2008 12:32 - Introduce Yourself
As part of our ongoing initiatives to improve our Discussion Board forums, we are introducing a new thread, ‘Introduce Yourself’ whereby posters to our boards can tell us a bit about themselves, whether you have kids of school going age, what part of the country you are located in – even your pet hates!. We hope this will help to build on the community which is growing around our forums.

As an incentive to get you all posting , we’re offering a free copy of our ‘Parent School Diary and Organiser’ to the first ten posters who post to this thread introducing themselves – you don’t have to be new to the site to post to this thread. Don’t forget you can now attach an avatar to your profile when posting.

Get posting – winners of the Diary will be contacted via our new Private Messaging Facility.
Don´t forget you need to log in to post or to Register first if you are a new user. When logged in, simply click on ´Introduce Yourself´ on the Discussion boards and ´create a new thread´

re : Introduce Yourself & Win a Schooldays Diary          
11/11/2008 13:31 - Introduce Yourself
hi my name is karen, first time on the discussion board so just a quick intro. i have 3 kids, girls 17 and 11 and a boy 10. i enjoy reading, tennis, badminton and board games. oh yea and a husband. gosh this is harder than i thought i work part time bookkeeping, about 25 hrs a week depending on kids holidays and being sick - hours are pretty flexible which is great. enjoy being involved in things. i coach u 12 girls football team which is great and help with our local community games club.
my younger kids go to our local primary school which is great and my older girl is in leaving cert 1( 5th year ) in the nearby town an all girls school and she likes school wants to do hotel management when finished.
all i can think of for the moment, bye

discussion forum terms & conditions

;