Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

July Provision Required North Kildare

re : July Provision Required North Kildare           reply
04/06/2013 20:48 - Primary Tutors & July Provision
-----------------------------------
Hi,
I´ve just read your advertisement for a home tutor on schooldays.ie and would like to apply for the position. Is this position still open? If so, I´m living in Portlaosie, your advertisement says you´re located in north Kildare, I´m just wondering what part, would it be commutable?
Regards,
Aisling Brennan

July Provision Required North Kildare           reply
26/05/2013 21:38 - Primary Tutors & July Provision (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
We have a 7 yr old boy with “high-functioning” ASD. We have been working with an ABA tutor on and off since his diagnosis and are currently working at home through a wonderful book which explains autism to him and teaches us how he thinks and feels.

Our son is currently mainstreamed in a Gaelscoil and doing very well academically. He does some afterschool activities and is working very hard on social skills. He does not display some of the more obvious typical autism behaviours and tends to implode rather than explode.

The ideal tutor would work on various tasks:

• Switching randomly between speaking Irish and English to demonstrate flexibility and to allow new words to be introduced in the home environment
• Anger management strategies
• Social skills (hidden curriculum)
• Social skills in relation to working in a team playing basketball/football
• Drama
• Having a sneak peak at some of next years books, in particular Irish and Maths
• Using tin whistle to provide short term goals during the 4 weeks in order to boost self-esteem

As our son is attending some varied summer camps throughout the summer, it would be preferable to us to have a tutor for two weeks in July and two weeks in August, or similar arrangement. This is very important to us as we feel that he suffers a lot during the month of August with the combination of no planned activities and anxiety that stems from worrying about returning to school in September.

Please contact me if you are interested!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;